Los Angeles, Calabasas, Westlake Village and San Fernando Valley, CA Estate Planning Law Firm
GLOBAL. If there was only one word to describe the modern economy, this would be it. Never before has there been the quantity of both people and assets moving trans-nationally as there is today. Many people live with both family members and financial assets residing in different countries, and therefore subject to different legal systems and taxation regimes. SSS Legal and Consultancy Services consults with clients who have interests in the United States as well as other countries and are looking to ensure their estate is effectively.
Examples of international estate planning opportunities include:
- U.S. Citizens or permanent residents with financial interests, including bank accounts, business interests, and property in other countries.
- Married couples where one spouse is a U.S. Citizen and the other spouse is a citizen of another country.Implementing or dissolving trusts in other jurisdictions.
- People residing in the United States who are from another country and would like relatives in their family of origin to serve as successor trustees.
- U.S. Citizens who are originally from another country and are interested in leaving a substantial portion of their estate to family members and/or charities in their country of origin.
- Inheriting property from a foreign jurisdiction
California has its own set of specific rules when it comes to community property, guardianship and trust administration. SSS Legal understands the ramifications and restrictions on the allocation and the protection of assets. We can assist you in understanding both the legal and tax consequences involved in transnational estate planning and business.
With SSS Legal and Consultancy Services, you have a trusted advisor who understands your overall estate and what your tax and legal liabilities are in each jurisdiction.
Copyright © the Law Offices of SSS Legal and Consultancy Services. All rights reserved. You may reproduce materials available at this site for your own personal use and for non-commercial distribution. All copies must include this copyright statement. Some artwork provided under license agreement.